EXTRAORDINARY PRIVATE RAILROAD CAR JOURNEYS for 2018
Come join us as we attach the Berlin to the back of Amtrak’s Vermonter for a Washington DC to St Albans VT round trip. In this changing climate for Private Rail trips, we feel now is the time to get as much use as possible out of these vintage railcars because we don't know what the future holds. Trip details are as follows:
Going 7/7/2018, read down (#54) SCHEDULE Return 7/ 8/2018, read up (#57)
7:30 AM Washington Union Station 10:25 PM
9:18 AM Philadelphia 30th St. Station 8:25 PM
10:43AM New York Penn Station 6:25PM
8:40 PM St Albans VT Station 9:25 AM
Saturday July 7, 2018 Depart Washington DC @7:30am on Train 54, where a Continental Breakfast awaits. Join us for some high speed running on the Northeast Corridor, the Nation’s busiest railroad, as our train races northward to additional boarding stops in Philadelphia and New York City. After plunging into the depths of New York Penn Station, our train will cross the massive Hell Gate Bridge, giving spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline. Enjoy a leisurely lunch as we travel north along the route of the former New Haven Railroad. Dinner will be served as our train winds north through picturesque Vermont mountain vistas and bucolic farmlands. Experience for yourself why Vermont is called the Green Mountain State. Our arrival in St Albans VT is scheduled for 8:40pm. For those staying overnight on board the Berlin, our Car Attendant will turn down beds at your request, so you can enjoy a restful night’s sleep while parked in St Albans. All rooms have their own private showers.
Sunday July 8, 2018 Sleep in or awaken to fresh coffee and breakfast as we prepare for our early morning departure from St Albans VT at 9:25am. As the Berlin glides southward, settle into your comfortable seating, and relive rail travel’s golden age. Lunch and supper will be served en route with an evening arrival in Washington DC Union Station scheduled for 10:25pm.
ROUND TRIP FARES
July 7-8, 2018 Round Trip from Washington, Philadelphia or New York City to St Albans VT and return
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Single Occupancy) – includes round trip transportation, all meals en route and overnight accommodations in St Albans $1565/person single occupancy
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Double Occupancy) – includes round trip transportation, all meals en route and overnight accommodations in St Albans $949/person double occupancy
- DAY RIDER ECONOMY FARE – includes round trip transportation accommodating 4-6 passengers per room suite. Includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday July 7, and Lunch and Dinner on July 8. Accommodations in St Albans are on your own. $550/person
ONE WAY FARES
July 7, 2018 – NORTHBOUND from Washington, DC Philadelphia or New York City to St Albans VT
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Single Occupancy) on Saturday July 7, 2018 - Includes transportation from Washington DC, Philadelphia or New York City to St Albans VT and all meals en route. $699/person single occupancy
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Double Occupancy) on Saturday July 7, 2018 - Includes transportation from Washington DC, Philadelphia or New York City to St Albans VT and all meals en route. $425/person double occupancy
- DAY RIDER ECONOMY FARE on Saturday July 7, 2018 – Includes transportation from Washington, Philadelphia or New York City to St Albans VT accommodating 4-6 passengers per room suite. Includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner en route. $299/person
July 8, 2018 – SOUTHBOUND from St Albans VT to New York City, Philadelphia or Washington DC
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Single Occupancy) on Sunday July 8, 2018 (Southbound) - Includes transportation from St Albans to New York City, Philadelphia or Washington and all meals en route. $699/person single occupancy
- PRIVATE BEDROOM SUITE (Double Occupancy) on Sunday July 8, 2018 (Southbound) - Includes transportation from St Albans to New York City, Philadelphia or Washington and all meals en route. $425/person double occupancy
- DAY RIDER ECONOMY FARE on Sunday July 8, 2018 (Southbound) – includes transportation from St Albans VT to New York City, Philadelphia or Washington accommodating 4-6 passengers per room suite. Includes Lunch and Dinner en route. $295/person
CONDITIONS OF TICKET PURCHASE
1. No refund or credit of purchased tickets after June 15, 2018, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the consent of the operator.
2. Trip does not include ground transportation, Day Rider lodging in St Albans, personal incidental charges, or meals except for meal service as described above while on board the Berlin.
3. Deep River Rail Ventures, LLC makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, the Berlin as a historic railroad car is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them. Those with special dietary needs / food allergies must notify the reservations agent at least two weeks in advance of the trip; please include a note on your order form or in the Comments blank when making reservations online.
4. Passengers may also board at other intermediate stops; please contact Kevin Moore to confirm a particular station other than Washington DC, Philadelphia or New York.
5. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the Berlin Sleeping Car web site (www.SleepOnATrain.com) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General and these specific Conditions.
6. Deep River Rail Ventures, LLC strongly urges passengers to purchase trip insurance, especially in this season of unprecedented changes from Amtrak.
For more information about private railcar Berlin, please see the car’s web site at www.SleepOnATrain.com.
RESERVE/BUY ONLINE NOW at www.SleepOnATrain.com
QUESTIONS? Contact Kevin Moore. Email: [email protected] or call 814-229-6354.
THE BERLIN IS CHARTERED OUT TO PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS, VIP’S AND CORPORATE GROUPS WHO ENJOY THE HISTORY, PRIVACY AND UNIQUENESS OF TRAVELING IN PULLMAN STYLE IN THE 21ST CENTURY.
On occasion we need to move the Berlin from our home base to the origin city where a charter originates and terminates. These one way moves are called “positioning or deadhead moves” and while the Berlin is usually empty, we are sometimes able to make several seats available to our railfan friends and curious travelers at an incredibly economical price point. Positioning moves are a great way to try out and experience private rail travel without breaking the bank! We post available positing moves here with origin and final destination cities. We welcome guests to jump on or off at any city in between on the schedule, however, we can only offer a single rate on each move. Come along for a relaxed, no frills, but FUN ride with us on the Berlin!
POSITIONING TRIP #1 - Huntington WV to Washington DC July 1, 2018
Depart Huntington WV on Amtrak's Cardinal (Train 50) @ 7:16 AM. Scenic Highlights include the New River Gorge, "Wild and Wonderful" West Virginia visas, Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains, Shenandoah Valley, and World famous Greenbrier mountain resort. Arrival in Washington Union Station @ 6:19 PM. FARE: $350/person.
POSITIONING TRIP #2 - Washington DC to New York City July 9, 2018
Depart Washington Union Station on Amtrak's Silver Meteor (Train 98) @ 7:07 AM. Travel at high speed on the Northeast Corridor, the Nation's busiest railroad. Arrival in New York Penn Station is scheduled @ 11:00 AM. FARE: $75/person.
with PVs DEARING & BERLIN
Savannah, GA or Washington DC to Boston and return
July 1 - 6, 2018
See the scenery during an all daylight run from Washington DC to Boston.
Stay in The Luxury Rail Cars While in the heart of downtown Boston.
Experience the Boston Pops patriotic concert and fireworks.
Passengers can join in Savannah,Huntington WV or Washington (or any intermediate Amtrak stop).
DEARING only Depart SAV 7/1/2018 8:20AM Arrive WAS 7:42PM
BERLIN only Depart HUN 6/30/2018 7:16AM Arrive WAS 6:19PM
DEARING & BERLIN Depart WAS 7/3/2018 7:00AM Arrive BOS 3:54PM
DEARING & BERLIN Depart BOS 7/5/2018 11:05AM Arrive WAS 7:48PM
DEARING only Depart WAS 7/6/2018 10:00AM Arrive SAV 9:04PM
BERLIN only Re-position to CHI (to be determined) Contact; Kevin Moore 814-229-6354
Included are all meals en-route, breakfast and happy hour daily in Boston.
Overnight on board the rail cars while in Boston South Station, right in the center of town!
All bedrooms have private showers.
FARE: $2,450.00/person double occupancy WAS-BOS-WAS
$2,600.00/person double occupancy SAV-WAS-BOS-WAS-SAV (on Dearing only).
$4,900.00/bedroom single occupancy WAS-BOS-WAS
$5,280.00/person double occupancy SAV-WAS-BOS-WAS-SAV (on Dearing only).
$350.00/person HUN-WAS (on Berlin only July 1, 2018).